Friday, March 19, 2010

1-2-3!

Photobucket
It's official he can count! It all started about a week ago. First he told me one, two, three. I assumed this was just a fluke, until later that day. He held up his hand in front of his face during a diaper change and counted each finger and folded it down as he did, one... two... three... four... five! I couldn't believe it! Does this mean he's been listening to me all along?haha Since we have been practicing counting just about everything. He can consistently count to 3 and sometimes to 5, although occasionally when he gets to 4 he starts over at one, which is kinda cute.
The weather was beautiful the last two days so we took advantage and headed to the park. Xander LOVES the park. I just wish this whole "mine" phase would end and quickly! Who taught this kid mine? Yesterday when he FINALLY let me take him off the swing and another girl got on it, he ran back to the swing and yelled "MINE!!" Thankfully he moved on quickly, but I was worried. I spent a lot of the day yesterday explaining to him why EVERY toy in the park was not his. As well as the trash people had left on the ground. Yea trash! Someone nicely left an old dairy queen cup and spoon the sand. Xander thought it was destiny! haha He yelled "spoon, cup!" at the top of his lungs and ran for it. I barely scooped him up in time and had to explain that it was trash. I think he's starting to get the "trash" concept so that helped.

Notice the ball, Xander refused to swing or climb with out it, he loves his ball. I'd say about 1/2 the time we don't leave the house without at least one ball.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Xander discovered the pure joy in shoveling dirt into a bucket over and over, he spent a good half and hour filling and emptying this bucket. Until the kid it belonged to discovered Xander was playing with it. He ran over yelled it was his and I gave it back, what could I do? Xander screamed. The kid's grandma noticed what happened, apologized and brought it back, but I figured it was a sign that it was time to leave. I just wish the older kids would be nicer. He didn't want to play with the bucket he just didn't want Xander using it, which made me feel bad because I have no idea how to explain that to my toddler. Oh well, I guess I gotta get a thicker skin, it's hard not to baby and shelter them, but not everyone in life is nice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

The Map