Thursday, July 14, 2011

A new chapter...

Our family is about to begin a new chapter, and after a long break I think it's time I started posting weekly again. Our lives change so quickly it is so easy to let it pass us by. We are blessed to be adding to our family this year and I want to make sure I don't miss a moment of this very exciting, yet very busy time in our lives!
Our little one is due December 1st, 2011. I am 20 weeks pregnant today, and yesterday we were overjoyed to find out that we will be having a baby GIRL! We are all thrilled about this addition to our family.

Xander is excited about the idea. He knows there is a baby in mommy's tummy, but he does occasionally ask if he has a baby in his tummy too. At first he was VERY concerned that it would be much too dark for the baby in my stomach and that they baby would be scared. After he attempted to convince me to swallow a flashlight for the baby, we had a long talk about how the baby likes the dark right now. He has made a couple attempts to look in my mouth for the baby as well, shinging a flashlight in my mouth hoping he could see something! It's pretty cute. Now he's come to the realization that the baby is in there and he can't see it, and as my belly grows each day he talks to the baby more . He says good morning and good night baby every day. He is mostly excited about getting to be a big brother. I'm not sure he knows exactly what a big brother is but he knows that his daddy is a big brother too so that really helped get him excited about it.

As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm doing great. The first few months were filled with endless days of morning sickness, but as I entered the 2nd trimester things finally calmed down. I've got some energy back and am hoping to take advantage of it while I can and try to get the baby's room ready. We moved in March so we have an empty room just waiting for our little one to arrive. I am probably most excited because I get to decorate and be girly for once, I think the amount of testrone in the house was getting to me! haha I'm thrilled to think pink!

Other exciting upcoming events include: Xander turning 3 next weekend! We are planning a "Cars" party, complete with a Lightning MacQueen cake (if mommy can pull it off that is). He is VERY excited about this birthday. I think he finally understands what a birthday is. He can show you and tell you he is turning 3, which is adorable of course.

We are also planning our annual trip to Michgian. Xander has been asking since last year when we will go back to Michigan. I think he really loves it there, as much as his mommy and daddy do. This year all three of us are going and very excited about it. It's been a couple years since Chris has been able to go with us so this year is extra special. I am a bit nervous about flying, but I will be around 27 weeks and the doctor assures me I will be fine. It will be our last trip as a family of 3!

Well I will share more next week, hope everyone is having a wonderful week and is as blessed as we are!

- Crystal

No comments:

The Map