Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I love Rock'n roll!

Photobucket

Or maybe just twinkle twinkle little star! haha Well the past 2 days Xander has developed a fondness for music. He was not in the least bit interested in anything musical before, he just ignored it. Aunt Judy sent him this wonderful Baby Einstein toy that goes in his crib, it has a screen with fish that swim and light up. It plays baby versions of classical music like Mozart and Bach. When we recieved it I was so excited I put batteries in it right away and put it in the crib. Xander on the other hand was not at all amused, much to my disappointment. I was sad that he might not like this toy or enjoy the music at all. I guess he was just too young for it still, because yesterday I switched it on, just for the heck of it, to see what would happen, and he turned his entire body towards it and became entranced! It was amazing, he LOVED it. Then today the strangest thing... I put him in his swing at work, which I was worrying he was starting to outgrow due to the fact that every time I put him in it he cries after about a minute, so I put him in it one more time just to try it, but this time I turned on the music, for the first time in forever, and he stared and stared at the place where the music was coming out and then fell asleep! When I tried to turn the music off, after he'd been out for a while, he instantly woke up and I had to turn it back on! He is growing so fast and everyday is a new discovery for him (and me).

On another subject I just have to say, I'm itching like crazy to feed him baby foods, but his doc said to wait and we could start them after we discussed it at his next appointment on Nov. 24th. I'm trying to hold out till then. Maybe for thanksgiving he'll get to try sweet potatoes or carrots! That would be SO exciting! He already watches us so intently when we eat, I think he's very curious about it. He definitely is paying attention, which is a sign he's getting ready to eat. Hopefully he'll have his mom's taste and appetite, not his dad's! ha ha ha

Also I have to mention we are very very very excited to be expecting the arrival of Grandma and Grandpa Simpson all the way from Michigan this weekend! Xander can't wait to meet his Great-Grandparents and we are SO excited that they are able to make that LONG drive! We will share all the pictures and stories soon! So I might be slow on the blog for about a week or so.

Also here a couple new pictures one is Xander and daddy on Halloween, we didn't get many great Halloween pictures except for that morning because he didn't really like wearing the outfit for long stretches of time (good thing I didn't spend money on a costume!) Also I added a few to his photo album, note: the bunny is on his head by his choice, I tried to take it off and he put it back! What can I do?
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

The Map