Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What a big boy!

This morning at 4:30am I woke to Xander crying, I discovered him in his bed completely unwrapped and face down! Really shocked me, this is a first for sure. The bed was soaked but not from a leaky diaper, I realized he had been licking the bed while face down and had covered a pretty large area, his sleeve was also wet. So I changed him, re-wrapped him and put him back to bed. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised, he's been rolling over alot more lately while playing on the floor on his baby gym. He LOVES his baby gym. It lays on the floor and has toys that dangle above his head and move and play music. He rolls all around, it's really cute to watch and kinda amazing how strong he's getting. He can lay on the floor for a good 30-45minutes, by far his favorite thing to do!

Another big step happened last week, Xander held his own bottle, he even put it in his mouth by himself! I usually keep his arms out of the way while eating because he has a tendency to push the bottle out of his mouth without meaning to, but when Grandma Nancy fed him the other day (day before Christmas eve) he grabbed on and did it all by himself! Of course I took tons of pictures!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He is growing so so fast, I moved the straps on his car seat to the lowest point yesterday. He is getting SO long! He barely fits in the 6 month clothes and the 9 months won't last long. Looks like mommy and daddy will be investing in a new car seat ASAP! I am suprised at how fast he's outgrown it. I'm looking forward to no longer lugging around the baby seat, but nervous as well (although I have very strong arms now after carrying it everyday). But when Xander is cranky in public I can put him in it and drape a blanket over and he'll go to sleep no matter where we are, not sure what I'm gonna do now. I guess we might have to actually use the stroller! ha ha

Other news... the solids are going ok. Although I don't think I'll have him up to the 2-3 ounces per day by spoon of cereal his doc said he should be up to by next month. We are taking it slow and staying consistent. Lately I've backed off the fruits and veggies and just stuck to mixing a few peaches in the cereal to make it sweeter and encourage him to eat, hasn't been really working so far, but I think it will take time. I did get a new food processor for Christmas so as soon as he's ready I'm ready and excited to start making him food.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like Xander will be wearing 2 piece outfits soon. It has worked for me for YEARS!!!
Love ya,
Grandma

Teresa said...

I bought this awesome make your own baby food book called First Meals by Anabel Karmel and used it a ton. The recipes were easy, great and full of flavor and spices even the early baby purees. Just thought you might be interested!

The Map