Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Eggs!!

Just a couple of pictures of the eggs:
Photobucket

Photobucket
I attempted to snap a couple pictures to show the astounding lack of mess that Xander had made of himself before bath time, BUT he got cranky and I didn't get one decent shot, oh well. I have been looking forward to this for weeks, but was dreading the actual execution of it. Surprisingly it was much less messy than I thought and the paint that they provided washed right off. Although I was left with slightly multi-colored hands due to blocking the splash when Xander would drop an egg in a cup of dye. He did SO well. This was a practice in patience for him because he got to drop an egg in each cup, but then we had to wait for the colors to change, then the eggs had to dry, and THEN he got to paint them. He liked dropping them in the cups the best. He giggled and clapped his hands in anticipation of putting each egg in the dye, Chris and I were cracking up, he is just too too cute! What amazed me the most with this experience was his knowledge of colors. In the past he has used the colors sparingly. So I wasn't sure if he really knew any color but green. Turns out he knows them all! Purple, Pink, Yellow, Blue, Green, Orange! I was SO proud, he'd tell me "Purple!" and then dip his brush in the purple paint and proceed to paint his egg. Chris and I were so impressed, when did he get his colors down like this? This kid amazes us EVERY SINGLE DAY.... and i love it : )

No comments:

The Map