Friday, October 8, 2010

Art & Crafts - Spiders!

I've been waiting a LONG time for Xander to be old enough to do arts and crafts with me. I love little projects and I'm so excited to share this with him. I started this week with making spiders. It was a 2 day project. We counted and practiced colors, and he learned to be REALLY responsible when painting. I was pretty proud of how well he did.

Day 1 we painted the "bodies" black and let them dry over night...

Day 1 Supplies -
Photobucket

Day 2 we glued on eyes and little puff balls for decoration and put on our pipe cleaner legs...

Day 2 Supplies -
Photobucket

We counted 2 eyes, and 8 legs...
Photobucket

Xander had a great time counting the legs and telling me the different colors of the legs and balls we put on the spiders...
Photobucket

Photobucket

The finished spiders!
Photobucket

Xander couldn't wait to show daddy his spider when he got home from work. It was so cute to see him so proud of what he had made.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

VERY cute! Thanks for the idea; we'll have to try these!

The Map