Monday, August 22, 2011

Patience

This morning on the way to work a lady in a mini van flew across 3 lanes going 55mph and cut me off.
Needless to say hormonal pregnant me was NOT happy.

As I yelled at the lady in front of me, "What's wrong with you???"

I hear a tiny voice from the back seat, "Don't get frus-ter-rated at the other people mommy"

"They are dangerous, you need to just be happy!"

Wow talk about a reality check!

Thank you sweet baby boy for a reminder to be patient.

Thank you for reminding me that you are always watching everything I do and that it's my job to practice patience and kindness even when others don't so that you have the best example in this life.

Sometimes things get so busy being a wife, mom, mommy-to-be and working full time that it's easy to forget what's really important in life.

Patience, kindness, understanding, taking the time to listen and not being quick to anger over the little things.

It's amazing he doesn't know it, but the day Xander was born he started teaching me these lessons and so many more.

I am so blessed and thankful for the opportunity to be a wife, mom, mommy-to-be AND working full time.

Each of these things help to make up who I am, but I get to choose how I act in each of my daily roles and today thanks to a tiny little voice in my back seat I'm going to be a little more patient.

Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land. Psalm 37:7-9

Thank you Xander!


No comments:

The Map