Friday, May 22, 2009

Cheerios, Cats and Ducks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday Xander found the box of Cheerios I was snacking on. He grabbed the box reached inside and began pulling out little handfuls or what we now like to call "O's", I was worried he'd choke but I held back and let him do his thing. And he was fine, of course! He sat and ate O's out of the box for a good 15-20 minutes, while Grandma Nancy and I sat and took picture after picture, it was pretty cute!

Xander also learned two NEW words this week! CAT and DUCK!
We'll start with CAT... My sister Samantha got our mom a mother's day card with a picture of a cat on the front (shown below)
Photobucket
When we walked into the office Tuesday morning it was sitting on mom's file cabinet. Xander spotted it right away and would not take his eyes off it. So we pulled it down and told him this is a CAT, we said CAT maybe 3-4 times and next thing you know Xander whispered "cat" perfectly! It was amazing! Well he went crazy from there saying "CAT" over and over all day, carrying the card around the office everywhere he went. When we got home he "showed" daddy the cat, well actually he shoved the picture of the cat in his face and said "cat!" over and over, he also did this to our dog, poor bailey! ha ha
The next day we were playing with a stuffed toy duck my good friend Jenna got Xander for Easter, mom and I told him duck, I think we maybe said it twice and next thing you know he whispers ever so carefully "duck", it was amazing! So once again when daddy came home he had to show him the duck and say duck and of course he showed the dog too! We're going to try to teach him at least a word every other day, next word I'm thinking will be either ball or hat!

No comments:

The Map