Friday, February 19, 2010

Green Crayon!

I always said that one day Xander would wake up and just start talking, well beyond the basics like milk and nana. This week it happened! Xander started repeating EVERYTHING I say. I say ok, he says ok, I say toes, he says toes. It's too cute, everything from let's go to what's wrong? He repeats it's all. It's completely amazing to me. I try to test him with new words and he never ceases to amaze me, so far he can say almost anything, well aside from the really big words like elephant.

Another thing he learned this past week was his first color, Green! He loves green. Not sure why, maybe because turtles and dino's are green? He said it for the first time the other day while coloring. I was shocked when I realized he was actually coloring with, yes green! Then a couple days later he put it together, he was coloring and suddenly started running around holding his green crayon up in the air proudly yelling "Green Crayon! Green Crayon!" like he had made this unbelievable discovery. It was too cute! But what was really amazing to me was that I never said, "That's your green crayon" or "green crayon" at all to him that day! It's like he had been storing it up in his little memory just waiting to amaze me. I've tried to see if he knows any other colors, he has said blue and yellow, but not consistently. Also he is very partial to coloring in only green lately. I gave him a choice of maybe 5 crayons this morning to color with and when I came back his pooh bear coloring page was green very green, not much else, haha

Pictures from the week -

The first two are of Xander playing with his animal puzzle. It's definitely his very favorite toy this week. He enjoys putting it together over and over and over, while telling me what sound each animal makes. It's pretty adorable, although after the 15th time in a row, it does get less cute haha
Photobucket

Photobucket

This next picture was taken this weekend. After a long morning of playing, just before nap time. He likes to lay by the front door sometimes, I'm not sure why, but he can see his cartoons from there so he'll just lay and watch. I couldn't help but snap a pic
Photobucket

The next set are of office adventures this past week

Xander hiding...
Photobucket

Reading...
Photobucket

We don't go anywhere with out his "B" (or blankie as I call it)
Photobucket

Xander multi-tasking - drinking his milk while getting grandma's attention
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is the cutest Grandson ever!
Nancy

The Map