Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another exciting week!

Here are some fun new pictures (I also put several on his photo album for all to see!)
At the office with Mommy (wearing his balloon outfit for the balloon fiesta!)
Photobucket
Pumpkin Hat and Pumpkin socks for Halloween!
Photobucket


Photobucket
All dressed up in his winnie the pooh hoodie outfit!
Photobucket
Look at the froggie! Isn't that adorable!
Photobucket
We had a very eventful week last week, Xander made his first trip to a store (or any public place for that matter). Friday afternoon Grandma Nancy and Mommy really wanted to go to the fruit and veggie store to get some green chili and veggies to make green chili chicken stew (it was fabulous by the way!), but baby Xander was with us. I was very nervous since he hadn't been in a public place yet, except the doctor's office, Chris and I have managed to keep him pretty sheltered so far, thanks to my possibly irrational fear of germs and people touching him in the store, etc. But Mom convinced me it would be ok to take a quick trip to the veggie store, it's a small store by her house in the valley and not many people are usually there. Ofcourse when we arrived it was packed! More people than we've ever seen there before. The parking lot was full so I parked in the back, and as soon as I got Xander out of the car the wind picked up and sand was everywhere, including my eyes! I was very worried that he would get it in his eyes too so I quickly covered his little head with a blanket and rushed inside. Once inside I decided just to carry him around (left the car seat in the car) and he looked all around at everything. All the colors and smells, I think he was silent with amazement. It was really neat. He was (ofcourse!) perfectly behaved and didn't make a peep the entire time, he just looked around and clung to mommy's shirt. It was a pretty good experience overall.
On Saturday Daddy had to work and Mommy wanted to go grocery shopping with grandma, so Grandma Ruth and Aunt Danielle got to spend the day with Xander. I dropped him off around 12:00, his great grandma was over within a minute of our arrival, no one can resist that sweet baby boy! And he stayed all day until his bedtime at 8:00. Ofcourse around 1:30 while at the grocery store I started to miss him terribly! After heading to a couple stores and getting all the groceries put away, Chris and I decided to take a long saturday nap. It was wonderful! We haven't gotten one of those in too long. Xander did great at grandma's house but didn't get a good nap so he was cranky when he got home and we think he got a bit over stimulated because for the first time in week's he woke up in the middle of the night at 3am! Thankfully after being up so late or early, he slept in on Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congratulations Crystal! Isn't it amazing when they start sleeping through the night? Your little man is sweet as can be. Take care. Sarah

The Map