Saturday, October 4, 2008

Peek-a-boo!!

Photobucket
Peek-a-boo! Xander has decided to play this new game with us! Xander has a new favorite thing, his blankets. He enjoys laying in his car seat with his blanket. He enjoys eating his blankets, and started to play peek-a-boo with his blankets now. He holds the blanket in front of his face and covers his eyes with it and squints and makes a funny face and then shows us his face again and smiles. I didn't catch a smile on camera but I caught him playing peek-a-boo with us! He did this over and over one day at the office while Grandma Nancy and Mommy took as many pictures as they could, needless to say I don't think alot of work was done that afternoon. It was probably a site to see us standing over him in his swing with our camera's trying to catch every cute look, taking picture after picture. He still tricks us with the smiles, and won't let mommy get one on camera no matter how hard she tries! (and believe me I tired ALOT this past week) He has the biggest smiles and giggles now I just want to share them with the world.

Xander also started to assert his independence this past week. He no longer let's Mommy just hold and cuddle him for no reason (unless he's tired). He likes to sit on the couch with Mommy and Daddy and talk and play or sit in his car seat with his blanket and talk to us.

Mommy is obsessively changing baby Xander's clothes as well. There are SO many absolutely adorable outfits that he still hasn't worn, and he seems to get bigger by the second! Mommy has tried dressing him different everyday, but somehow the cute outfits always get tossed aside for a nice comfy onsie. Fall is finally in the air and the weather here in New Mexico seems to be finally starting to cool down so maybe we can start getting him into some of the warmer outfits before he's too big. Mommy is considering having a bit of a fashion show before he outgrows all the cute stuff and just taking lots of pictures. I guess we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just noticed there were no comments left regarding the peek a boo and I couldn't let that be! So I have read that and looked at the pictures oh I'd say 10 times so here are my comments.....
I WANT THAT BABY!!!!!! SEND HIM HERE TODAY!!!!
We are going flying in about 1 hour and I just got out of bed so I can't say much except he is soooo precious and we are trying to plan our trip out there. It really frosted last night so everything except a few flowers is gone for the year. we got a whole lot out of the garden so we are good for a while. Unless you come to visit and I am sure it will be gone in no time!!!! Anyway thanks for the wonderful photos and updates. It makes my day a whole lot happier. Mommy & Daddy and Grandma are doing a great job. Keep it up. Please give Xander kisses from Grandma & Grandpa-THe great ones!!!
We love you.
Grandma

The Map