Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby Manicure!

Anyone know where to get a good baby manicure? I wish! We could use one. Xander's nails are getting a bit out of control. Grandma-Nancy first tried clipping his nails a couple weeks ago, they weren't really too long at this point, she got through 2 nails before she accidently clipped the skin. It was very tramatizing for me and I've put it off since. Then last friday I woke up to discover a scratch right on Xander's adorable little nose! So I decided it was time to try to clippers again. Chris assisted and held his hand while I concentrated on trying to clip his nails. I got through one hand and two fingers of the next when I clipped him, bad! He bleed just a little but I was in tears when he started to cry. I think it may have hurt me more than him! ha ha Needless to say he was worn out and went to bed extra early friday night and consequently woke up at 4:30am Saturday. We will have to try again in a couple days because Mommy is getting scratched and I don't have the heart to put the little gloves on him he loves to chew his hands so much I don't think he'd like it very much.
A couple new pictures of Xander at the office one with Grandma Nancy, one hanging out by Mom's desk on the floor (aka his favorite place!)
Photobucket


Photobucket

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You could try biting them. That's what my sister in law used to do. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I clipped Thomas once too and it was awful! I can't believe you haven't had to cut his nails yet- Thomas's grow so fast I've had to cut them at least once a week. They were long when he was born! One suggestion- get the really small clippers, and make sure you pull the skin on his finger backwards before you clip, and come from below the nail instead of straight on. That way you can feel if you hit the nail before you actually clip. If that doesn't work you may just want to try filing them down with a file instead of clipping. Happy cutting!

Anonymous said...

And I agree with Sarah- that's what I did at first, but be warned with that not to rip with your teeth, just bite. I heard stories that people have bitten and ripped, and their nails are so soft that it rips the wrong way and rips too far down, essentially ripping their nails off. Yikes.

The Map