Tuesday, January 26, 2010

18 months!

Xander turned 18 months this month and we headed to the doctor Monday for the dread shots and checkup. He's definitely gotten smarter, even the nurse remarked how smart he was when she entered the room with the shots and he immediately freaked at the sight of them, "he's pretty smart, he knows what's coming" she said. Oh my and he did not like it. I've gotten braver thankfully, and his screaming is down to about a minute after so it's definitely better. He's doing great, which makes for a mostly boring checkup, the doctor tells me he's wonderful. He's already weaned himself off the bottle and never took a real sippy cup so that wasn't an issue, and as far as his development he's right on track and can do it all, well everything on that 4 page sheet they give you. So she said he's great, not to worry so much about giving him things like sugar haha, and the no juice thing is good.

Words of the week: "Mouse", as in mickey mouse, he LOVES mickey mouse, he likes when I show him Mickey on his diapers before he puts them on. He'll point to him and say "mouse" in the cutest little voice, and the second word, "Kick", the word he uses for Kix Cereal, his new favorite snack. I got a box this week to switch things up, I think he's sick of O's (cheerios), and he loves em. He'll sit sometimes in the morning and watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse with his little bowl of cereal, just snacking away. It's so cute, I try to snap pics but then he gets up and gets annoyed so I try not to disturb.

Pictures! Xander hanging out in his old walker (collapsed) watching cartoons
Note: he got in here with the blankets and cup by himself, I found him this way watching cartoons the other morning
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

The Map