Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Big Boy!

Photobucket Today I told Xander he was getting to be a Big boy, then asked him if he could say big boy, and he did! He said (in his adorable little voice) "Big Boy!" and then gave me a kiss, Wow! I guess I shouldn't be shocked, he has been saying several new words everyday. This is SUCH an amazing age, he's like a little sponge just waiting for me to teach him something new each day. I have started keeping a list to keep track of new words or things he does, but I can hardly keep up. Here is my list just for the past few days -

He can say: 'X' for Xander, he says "exxe" drawn out a bit in such an adorable voice, and I really think he knows it's for Xander which is even more amazing to me! I have been showing him the X hanging in his room for months and he finally got it the last few weeks. I also am trying to teach him to spell his name, I show him the word on the wall and spell it out every night x-a-n-d-e-r!

He can say Star and point out any star shape

He is constantly learning to put new words together, like yesterday while reading his favorite good night Dora book he said, "nite-nite bock bock" meaning good night chicken (we call them bock bock's cuz that's the sound mommy told Xander they made and it stuck! haha), and also "nite-nite duck" and "nite-nite bird". He is learning so much and he really loves this Dora the Explorer nite-nite book, he practically has it memorized and he just got it for Christmas!

He can point to a horse and tell you it says "neigh" and owls go "whooo"

Other various words he says now: Shirt, Shoes, Socks, Clock, Keys, Airplane, Book, Apple and Ni Hao (as in Ni Hao Ki Lan haha)

The below picture's are of Xander on Monday, I took out my camera and he began to dance in circles and pose, after each pose he'd come back and look at the picture on the camera and say "Baby!", looks like we've got a little performer on our hands, oh my!
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Susan said...

He's getting so big, so fast!

The Map